VAT Registration for Online Businesses

Introduction Forums Using the EnergyPLAN Tool VAT Registration for Online Businesses

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Larry cevin
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m in the process of setting up an online store that will sell products across different countries in Europe. I’m a bit confused about when exactly I need to register for VAT. I’ve read that there are thresholds, but it’s unclear how they apply if I’m selling in multiple countries. Do I need to register for VAT in each country individually, or is there some sort of streamlined process? Also, how does this work if I surpass the threshold in one country but not others?

serra neo
    Participant

When you start selling across borders within the EU, you’ll need to be mindful of vat registration requirements. Generally, you’re required to register for VAT in each country where your sales surpass the local threshold. However, if you expect your sales to exceed these thresholds from the start, it might be wise to consider vat registration even before you hit those limits. There’s also the One Stop Shop (OSS) scheme that can simplify things by allowing you to report and pay VAT for all your EU sales through a single registration in one country. But remember, this only applies to B2C sales and not to B2B. If you do business with other businesses in different countries, you might still need to register in multiple countries.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.